Facebook Pages are a great way to keep up to date with what’s happening at your favourite places without going to their website all the time. Events, offers, photos. Just ‘like’ the page and their latest news appears in your news feed. If they keep their pages up to date that is!
Below is a list of Facebook Pages (and a few Groups) relating to Barcelona. I realise there are hundreds out there. But these are the ones I’ve come across during my time here (and some friends pages). I hope you find something of interest.
- Barcelona Metropolitan – The mummy and daddy of Barcelona Guides. It has articles on all sorts of topics. Great restaurant posts from the annoying (only because she has such a fab job) Tara Stevens.
- Barcelona Miniguide – The slightly wayward child of Barcelona Guides. So therefore my preferred guide.
- Hidden Treasures BCN – A Facebook only endeavour. It’s all in the title.
- Le Cool Barcelona – Want to know what’s really going on in Barcelona? Le Cool has the low-down on some of the quirkier events.
- Me Encanta Barcelona – I love Barcelona too!
- Videos from Barcelona – A video only city guide. The 80 or more videos are hosted by the irrepressible Gina Tost.
Check out more Facebook Pages for the arts, music, bars, food and… a butifarra private members club?!…
- Barcelona INK – A magazine with articles about (and by) well known writers connected to the city.
- Lamono Magazine – An art and urban culture magazine. This months cover has a stunning illustration by Latvian artist, Jana Brike.
- Lapin – A French illustrator living in Barcelona, Lapin creates beautiful books of illustrations from the places he visits.
- Mapping Barcelona Public Art – Katrine started this group to collect together the photos she took of public art around Barcelona. A new website has recently gone live at www.mbpa.es.
- Mecal Festival Internacional de Cortometrajes de Barcelona – An international short film festival held annually at Poble Espanyol. I’m afraid you’ve missed it for this year though.
- MOB: Makers of Barcelona – A collaborative workspace for creatives based around the principles of coworking.
- Mutuo – Promotion and dissemination of the Performing Arts, Visual Arts and Music. I couldn’t have put it better myself.
- Relevant BCN – Relevant promotes the artists and musicians of Barcelona through their website and magazine. You may have also heard of their chiringuito (see the Bars section below).
- Street Art Barcelona – Celebrating the street art and counter-culture of Barcelona.
- Cava Cabaret – This Barcelona-based trio will dazzle you with amusing jazzy swing songs and their own interpretations of sing-along favourites. Catch them where you can!
- DJ Roger C (The Joint Sessions Barcelona) – Barcelona based DJ, Roger Cowell, has been laying down funky tracks for over 20 years. Catch his Joint Sessions at various venues around town.
- Doctor Music Concerts – Concert promoters in Barcelona and throughout Spain.
- Music Hall Barcelona – Keep up to date with the goings on at Barcelona’s Music Hall on Rambla de Catalunya.
- Piknic Electronik – Like electronic music? Like a picnic? Then check out Piknic Electronik. A family friendly food and music affair, every Sunday in July and September, Jardins de Joan Brossa on Montjuïc.
- Roller Disco BCN – Music, dancing and skating to the beat of funky disco.
- Sónar Festival – Needs no explanation.
- Terra: Apocalyptic Bass Refuge – Barcelona’s monthly bass all-nighter providing the best of local and international Bass DJs and Live PAs.
- Voll-Damm Festival Internacional de Jazz de Barcelona – This jazz festival is always a treat. Some amazing acts from around the world. Dates throughout November 2012.
- Primavera Sound Festival – Summer starts with Primavera Sound. Well it has done by the time I’ve recovered.
- Boadas Cocktelería – There’s cocktail bars, and then there’s Boadas. Open since 1933. You must check out this establishment.
- Cat Bar – Vegan heaven in the heart of Barcelona. They have a good selection of bottled beers too!
- Cervecería Jazz – Beer and burgers in the heart of Poble Sec. Highly recommended.
- El Chiringuito Relevant – Relevant’s chiringuito has music events on throughout the summer as well as cinema and comedy. Get down to Playa Mar Bella, the beach where it all hangs out!
- The Loch Inn – Comedy, sport, food, beer. It is a pub after all!
Food (note the abundance of burger places)
- Dostrece Restaurant-Lounge – Great food, great music, great vibe, great cocktails. Spend day or night at Dostrece in the heart of the Raval.
- Florentine Cupcakes & Cookies – Cupcakes and cookies from their beautiful shop in the Born.
- Maitea Taberna – The best pincho bar in Barcelona. Bar none.
- Meatpacking Bistro – Good quality, New York style, American bistro.
- Mimos Frozen Yoghurt – Four flavours of frozen yoghurt with fruit toppings. Perfect when heading in to steamy El Raval.
- NAP. Neapolitan Authentic Pizza – Great pizzas cooked in traditional wood ovens. Lots of ingredients sourced from Napoli. Close to Santa Caterina market.
- OK Sarrià – Great burger place for the Sarrià set. They also do a giant hot dog steamed in beer!
- On Cafe – Too early for The Loch Inn? Head up Passeig de Sant Joan to the far more relaxed On Cafe.
- Saboc – This place used to be Petit Burger, a favourite of mine, but a name and menu change is sometimes a good thing. This case proves that point!
- Picnic Restaurant – I think they do have a burger on the menu. But Picnic is the perfect all-round brunch place.
- Pim Pam Burger – In Born. And Bonanova. Check out the P&W American Style Pomme Frites Sauce.
- Solo Pizza – Great pizza place in Eixample. Non Solo Pizza next door is also fab!
- Taller de Tapas – You know what you’re getting in Taller de Tapas. Good quality tapas at reasonable prices. At 5 locations around town.
- The Dog Is Hot – If you hadn’t guessed already, they sell hot dogs.
- Flea Market Barcelona – El Flea, for clothes, accessories, records, books and things for the home. Check out the El Flea vibe on Vimeo, if only to listen to the excellent track by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros.
- Layelfishvintage – Leyla organises vintage sales throughout Barcelona with her own original style and enthusiasm.
- Lostandfound Bcn – Big 2nd hand market on Plaça del Mar, Barceloneta.
Health & Fitness
- Beach Fit Barcelona – Think you’re fit? Try doing it all on the sand! Andy and Mark run British Military style fitness sessions down on Barceloneta. Despite what you might think it is suitable for all levels.
- Studio Australia Barcelona – A beautiful Pilates studio in Gràcia. And yes, they are Australian.
- Yoga with Daniel – Newly graduated yoga teacher, Daniel’s passion proves to be infectious.
- FC Barcelona – Més que un club. They have a Facebook page too. Join over 33 million global fans.
- Barcelona International Network (BcnIn) – Barcelona’s international business and networking, err, network.
- Red Deluxe Barcelona – Business networking events. With style!
- Delicious Barcelona – A very tasty venue finding and bespoke events service.
Pet Sitting Service
- Fidos Playground – A pet sitting service from the lovely Suzy that I can highly recommend.
Catalan Ski Areas
Butifarra Private Members Club (Yes, there is only one)
- ButiClub – A members only establishment dedicated to appreciation of the butifarra and the celebration of life.
If you know of any others that are worthy of adding to the list then let me know in the comments. You never know, I might create a Homage to BCN page soon!
UPDATE: Homage to BCN now does indeed have its very own Facebook page. So please do go and show your support by liking the page. I promise you won’t regret it!